Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Things to Make: 2x4 Pumpkin Blocks




Today's How-To is a little short...we've had a bit of a family crisis, so this one is a quickie!

For this project I took scrap wood, leftover from our fence-building project, and turned it into cute little pumpkins! I've seen a lot of variations on this idea recently, and it's so fun to see how other people come up with such different and cute ideas!

Sorry...I forgot to take 'process' pictures...but I think you'll get the idea....

For these little guys I simple painted them orange, allowed the paint to dry, and then sanded the edges.

After that I sprayed them with spray on stain...one of my favorite touch-up products...and wiped the excess off.

After I allowed them to dry for a while I simply tied a wide piece of green grosgrain ribbon into knots, cut them apart, and hot-glued them onto the tops of my 'pumpkins.'

Easy as Pumpkin Pie (which, by the way, is NOT that easy! These are waaaaaaaaay easier that that!)


I think they turned out really cute! If you're looking for a really easy, fast, and cheap decorating idea for the fall...this is it! The best part is that this project cost me NOTHING!

(Well...obviously I purchased the wood, paint, stain, sandpaper, ribbon, and hot glue at some point, but I used things I already had on hand...so it was kinda like free!)

Anyway....... I came across a really fun craft blog called Lorajean's Magazine, where she's posting tons of links to FREE Halloween decorating and craft ideas! I was so thrilled to find it!! Check it out, by clicking the linky button below to see some really great FREE Halloween tutorials and crafts!!! Fantastic!

button blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic