Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things to Make: Crochet Wrap Pattern


I've had a number of people ask me if I had a pattern for this wrap, so I thought I'd share! You can see my original post here.



Frist of all this style of wrap is basically just a big rectangle...so you could use any knit or crochet stitch pattern to get basically the same thing in different textures and patterns! I wanted mine to look light and airy, so I picked a fairly simple lacy pattern, and used a very large crochet hook.

Here's what I did:

****NOTE**** Distribution of this pattern for profit is prohibited!!! This pattern was written up in the book The Crochet Bible, by Sue Whiting, with some slight variations made by me. Do NOT resell this pattern or claim it as your own, under penalty of law!!!

Materials Needed:

1 skein Caron Simply Soft yarn, other medium worsted weight yarn
Size N crochet hook
Yarn needle
Scissors

Alternating Shell and V-Stitch Pattern

Start with a multiple of 5 ch, plus 3 extra.

Foundation Row: 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, * ch1, sk 4 ch**, 5 dc in next ch, rep from * to end, ending last rep at **, 3 dc in last ch, turn.

Row 1: Ch 1 (does NOT count as st), 1 sc in last dc, * ch 2, sk next 2 dc, (1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) in next ch sp, ch 2, sk next 2 dc, 1 sc in next dc, rep from * to end working sc at end of last rep into top of ch 3 at beg of previous row, turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in sc at base of ch-3, * ch 1, skip (2 ch, 1 dc, 1 ch, 1 dc, and 2 ch)**, 5 dc in next sc, rep from * to end, ending last rep at **, 3 dc in last sc, turn.

Repeat these two rows until wrap measure desired size.

To make my wrap I made the foundation row about 28 inches across. I worked the pattern rows until my wrap measured about 20 inches wide.

To finish of after a 2nd pattern row:

Finishing Row: Ch 1 (does NOT count at st), 1 sc in last dc, * ch 2, sk 2 dc, 1 dc in next ch sp, ch 2, sk next dc, rep from * to end, working sc at end of last rep in top of ch-3 sp at beg of previous row.

After I finished the edge I then folded the wrap in half, and sewed the shoulder together from the edge to about 5 inches in. Then I finished off and wove in any remaining ends.

Voila!

Sometime in a couple of weeks I'll share my pattern for the rosette clip that I've used to dress my wrap up a bit! Happy Tuesday!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic