Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ready or Not...Here's 2012!

So, you may be getting tired of hearing what everyone has resolved to do this year...but I'm about to add my two cents...just a little heads up.

The Anderkids
Last year, in this post, I shared some of my goals for the year.

Well...

Here's what actually happened:  I didn't take it easy.  It was a crazy year for us.  I was having a baby.  My hubby was working as a half-time school teacher...and supporting a family of six with one more on the way isn't easy.

At the beginning of last year I decided that I would try a little experiment.  I buckled down and made blogging a priority.  I posted at least three times a week.  I linked up and networked with other sites.  I interacted and commented.  And guess what?  It worked.  Big time.

My blog and business grew!  I went from 45 followers to 865 and from just 1000 page views to over 300,000.  I went from just 60 orders in 2010 to over 260 in 2011...CRAZY!  Seriously.  I know.  My mind is a little boggled by it, too!

I was VERY busy.  Yes, I loved doing it!   But, it didn't come without some HARD work and a lot of persistence.  I completely re-designed my blog FOUR TIMES!  I edited thousands of pictures.  I wrote, tested and re-wrote several patterns.  I hosted giveaways, sales, and guest posted on other blogs.

Not that this busy year hasn't been a HUGE blessing for our family!  I feel so blessed that I've been able to stay at home with my children AND that my business was able to help support our family!
I have also loved getting to know so many wonderful and creative crafters, crocheters, and people!  Thanks so much for making this journey so much fun!!  I wouldn't be here without YOU!

However...I hate to admit it, but sometimes I worked on these things at the cost/neglect of other things that are important to me...like housework...and meal preparation...and showering...and my family.

So...my biggest dilemma in making goals for this coming year has been...where do I go from here?

After a lot of prayer and thought, I've realized something:

I've discovered that blogging and running my business really do matter to me, and I want to continue the relationships I have formed this past year!  I'm just not going to be as structured in my approach to things...I'm going to take a break if I need it...and not worry about pushing so hard for success...don't worry...I'm sure I'll still be here OFTEN...but...

This year I really want to just SIMPLIFY, AND FOCUS ON THE THINGS THAT MATTER MOST.

I'm going to enjoy the little successes I have everyday; whether it's finishing a new pattern, making a great sale, or watching my baby crawl for the first time.

And I feel peace about that.

I loved this message, from LDS.org, about slowing down and paying attention to the Moments that Matter Most...I hope you will, too!



I look forward to this year, and all of the unexpected joys and trials that this year will surely bring.  Thanks for being a part of my life!

The REAL Anderkids