Wednesday, February 29, 2012

11 Random Things...


Happy Leap Day!!

Rachel, of Maybe Matilda, posted some fun responses to random questions about herself on her blog today...and, then shared some for others to answer.  So, of course, I thought, "Heck, why not?"

So, here you go...11 random things about me...I know you've been waiting on the edge of your seat for these insights, I'm sure.  :)

1. Go ahead and name one (or two, or three) of yours celebrity crushes: Christian Bale...Yes. This one began with Newsies...but I mean come on - LOOK at the man now.  Oy.  Nathan Fillion...he's so handsome and heroic as Mal Reynolds...and just cute and silly as Castle - gotta love that!  Hugh Jackman.  His Lipton Iced Tea commercials are priceless. All I can say:


2. What’s your favorite book?  My favorite non-scripture book changes a bit, every so often, but a book I can read at least once each year is Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.  Yeah.  I'm that girl.

3. What are your 5 favorite TV shows?  Currently: Sherlock, Avatar: the Last Airbender (all three seasons), Phineas and Ferb, Castle, and Firefly.
Have you seen Sherlock?!?!  Check it out HERE.
4. Guilty pleasure?  I love bread.  Really good bread.  Especially when it's dipped in olive oil and a fantastic balsamic vinegar.  Mmmmmm.  I'm not sure that counts as a guilty pleasure...but it's definitely a pleasure.  See below for a great recipe.  Just sayin'.
5 Minute Artisan Bread
5. Any goals you’re currently working on?  I'm trying to be a more attentive wife and mother.  I know it sounds a bit cliché...but with six other people in the house I sometimes turn into robot-mom (clean house, make dinner, fold laundry, bathe kids, sweep floor, etc, etc, etc), and I kinda forget about being a real person with my family.  I'm working on it.

6. A trend or style you’ve wanted to try, but been scared to?  I would love to dye my hair purple.  Like this:
My pin...
Isn't it so cool?  But I always feel like I couldn't pull it off...I guess I worry too much what other moms, teachers, neighbors, family members would think.  And I probably shouldn't...but I do.  I still secretly dream about doing it one day, though.

7. A skill you’d love to learn?  I really want to get the hang of knitting.  I'm PATHETIC at it.  Seriously.  You don't want to see how bad it really is.

8. If you had a day to yourself with unlimited money to spend and no obligations, what would you do?  Honestly I think I'd spend the day chillin' with the fam somehow.  I'm a bit of a homebody...and I don't like feeling stressed about having to meet a schedule.  Which is funny because I happen to be the scheduling queen.  You should see my Google calendar.  Ugh.

9. A person (living or dead) you’d love to meet?  I'd love to meet my hubby's mom.  She passed away when he was 13 years old, but she had such an amazing impact on so many lives.  She was beautiful, smart, talented, and loving.  I've always admired her.  The first time I saw a picture of her I got this feeling in my gut that she was really looking back at me, and that I knew her already!  I would love to meet her someday!
Isn't she lovely?  Look at that smile!
10. If you weren’t doing the career you’re doing now (being a stay-at-home mom counts as a career), what would you want to be doing instead?  A fine artist.  I think.  I love to draw and paint...and I have a degree in graphic design and illustration...but I've found that even though I enjoy occasional illustration jobs, what I really would like to do with that talent is just paint for fun!  Here's a pic of one of my paintings:  It's nothing spectacular.  But I like it. :)

11. What are the names you want/wanted to give your kids until your meanie-pants spouse vetoed them?  I've always liked old-fashioned names...and we've had five children...and each has a middle name...so my list of unused names has definitely decreased, but there are a few that got completely ruled out:  Hazel, Molly, Daniel, and Andrew.  Maybe I'll have to write a book...and those can be my characters...Hmmm.

So in the spirit of spreading the love, I'm posting 11 questions of my own here!

If you'd like to join in and answer 11 random questions about yourself, too, you can post these ones to your own blog!  Please come back and share a link in the comments here!  I'd love to get to know you better!  :)


1.  What is the scariest thing you've ever done?

2.  If you could be a character on a TV show, which show would you be on?

3.  What are your three favorite colors of fingernail polish?

4.  Who are your celebrity crushes?

5.  What are you really, really good at?

6.  A place you'd like to live?

7.  What do you really wish your name was?

8.  The silliest mistake you've ever made?

9.  If you could be any type of (real or imagined) animal, what would you be, and why?

10.  What part of yourself do you like the most?

11.  What is your most absolutely favorite thing to eat?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic